2007年12月11日火曜日

Let's Go!team



Last week Wednesday I went to Osaka to see the Go!team, a fantastic band from Britain. I have only just recently been introduced to their music, but I had the urge for some good "indie" band rock show goodness. I haven't seen live music (aside from at festivals) since I left Canada, a serious change from living in Sackville where there are shows every weekend. I skipped out of work early, caught the train to Osaka meeting up with friends on the train, and danced for over a solid hour to a fantastic energizing band, that was only 5ft away from me.

Differences between Canadian and Japanese concerts of this nature:
-the show started at 7:15 and ended at 8:30, then they shoo-ed everyone out off the dance floor and out of the club
-it was pricey (especially compared to my discount student life) at about $48
the club was on the 8th floor of a building, so when the dancing got really energetic, the floor moved, and a brief thought of the floor caving in flashed through my mind
-the "uniform" of all indie shows isn't as strictly followed. While there was a good amount of converse all stars and vintage ts, there was also a girl in a cream sweater set and pearls.

After the show we caught the train back and was in bed by 1am, to get up again to be at work by 7:50. Randomly and fantastically, I was in the Osaka station when I met Nobuko, the Japanese conversation partner of my roomate last year! Osaka station is HUGE and it took me a minute to realize who she was, but we exchanged details and I hope to meet up with her again and my conversation partner too.

0 件のコメント: