2008年10月2日木曜日

What I love about my job:

-When I’m reading “Mr. Brown can Moo, can you?” by to the 1st and 2nd grade. Seeing how happy they are to shout “cock-a-doodle-doo”, “dibble dibble dopp dopp”, kissing noises and slurping ones makes it a good day automatically. Also, I get inordinate pleasure from reading “BOOM BOOM BOOM! Mr. Brown is a wonder! BOOM BOOM BOOM! Mr. Brown makes thunder! He makes lightening SPLAAT SPAAT SPAAT, and it’s very very hard to make a sound like that.”

-The group of girls waiting for me when I come back from lunch at Junior High, who talk to me in English, not saying anything new, but giggling every time I tell them they are cute.

-The group of boys, who have this year, decided I’m cool, who eagerly await my “How are you today?” when I walk though the school halls during cleaning time.

-Getting more responsibility from the teacher who barely used me last year

-How happy the 1st graders are to see me, it’s the perfect place to go when I’m feeling low and wishing I was in bed, in Canada. Even better if this happens while standing in a sunbeam.

-Gems of English, unprompted and the perfect surprise.

-Sneaking in lessons on geography into English

-The colouring and cutting and pasting I do in the name of work

-That I can read for pleasure without worrying about readings for classes I’m not doing.

-Where I am—Kamikawa is a beautiful town and biking around with the sun on the mountains is gorgeous.

1 件のコメント:

Julie さんのコメント...

aw, this is nice.