2009年5月18日月曜日

Japan is amazing (2)

Hyogo Prefecture has closed all prefectural schools until the 22nd due to the "outbreak" of H1N1. This affects 1440 schools and 640,000 students. But no teachers, who are expected to still go to school. I had 3 classes this morning, but the afternoon off. So students who got infected over the weekend could pass it to their classmates?

Yesterday in Kobe I saw more face masks than you would expect in a hospital.

Calm down Japan, please.

Update: I am now under house arrest, meaning I am not supposed to leave my town, but I don't have to go to school. A friend of mine is in Japan, visiting from Korea, so I emailed my supervisor saying that I was going to visit her in a city. He wrote back saying that, Ok, I could go, but I have to wear a mask, wash my hands a lot, and gargle. He also mentioned if I do get H1N1, I have to go to a special hospital.

0 件のコメント: